- An overview of solutions: An overview of solutions chemistry from my unpublished textbook. Check it out!
- Solutions PPT: A PowerPoint introducing you to the world of solutions.
- Solutions – A Tutorial (dd-ch): A very quick sheet I came up with that defines solutions and reviews some of the basic units of concentration.
- Solutions and concentration: What is a solution, and how do we describe how much stuff is dissolved into it?
- Solutions stoichiometry: If you’ve got 45 mL of a 0.1 M solution, how many grams of product will you make? Learn about how to solve that here.
- Colligative properties: You know how adding too much sugar to Kool Aid makes it undrinkably strong? Learn about some more colligative properties (and why they happen) here.
- Separations – A tutorial (dd-ch): A quick tutorial I put together to review how to separate different mixtures.
Supplemental videos: These videos are all over at the amazing Crash Course YouTube channel. I didn’t make these, though I wish I did.
- Crash Course Chemistry: Liquids: Before we talk about solutions, let’s talk about the liquids in their pure form.
- Crash Course Chemistry: Solutions: Now we’re dissolving stuff!
- Crash Course Chemistry: Water and solutions: Covers the behavior of water and concentration.
- Crash Course Chemistry: Acids and bases in solution: This video really talks about how acids and bases use solution chemistry. I refer to it on the acid-base page too, but thought it goes well here.