All the fun of significant figures and conversions without any of the calories! (updated 6-9-2020)
- Takin’ Data: A general overview of the topics in the tutorials below.
- Significant figures: Chemistry teachers like to write “sig figs” on papers before writing “-1.” Find out how to avoid this fate by learning about significant figures, precision, and accuracy.
- Units and conversions: Learn about SI units and how to convert between them. It’ll be fun!
- Drawing good graphs: If you’re drawing a bar graph, hang your head in shame. If you want to learn how to make a graph that will get published in the finest scientific journals (i.e. your lab book), read on!
Used with the kind permission of xkcd. Check out the site at www.xkcd.com, because it’s awesome. Trust me.
Supplemental videos: These videos are all over at the amazing Crash Course YouTube channel. I didn’t make these, though I wish I did.
- Crash Course Science #2: Units and significant figures: I love this series of videos, and will be referring to them often.