All the fun of significant figures and conversions without any of the calories! (updated 2-9-16)
- Takin’ Data: A general overview of the topics in the tutorials below.
- Significant figures: Chemistry teachers like to write “sig figs” on papers before writing “-1.” Find out how to avoid this fate by learning about significant figures, precision, and accuracy.
- Units and conversions: Learn about SI units and how to convert between them. It’ll be fun!
- Drawing good graphs: If you’re drawing a bar graph, hang your head in shame. If you want to learn how to make a graph that will get published in the finest scientific journals (i.e. your lab book), read on!
Supplemental videos: These videos are all over at the amazing Crash Course YouTube channel. I didn’t make these, though I wish I did.
- Crash Course Science #2: Units and significant figures: I love this series of videos, and will be referring to them often.