If you’re anything like me, redox reactions make you cry. Fortunately, I stopped crying long enough to make some tutorials that might slow the tears! (Updated 2-9-16)
- An introduction to redox reactions: Let’s get started by learning about oxidation, reduction, and the wonders of being cool.
- Balancing redox reactions in basic solution: Learn how to love redox as much as you love your mother, pie, and motorcycle crashes together!
- Balancing redox reactions in acidic solution: You’ve got an acid. You’ve got redox. Quick: How do you balance them?
Supplemental videos: These videos are all over at the amazing Crash Course YouTube channel. I didn’t make these, though I wish I did.
- Crash Course Chemistry: Redox reactions: A good overview of the redox world.
- Crash Course Chemistry: Electrochemistry: Electrolytes ‘n’ stuff.
- Batteries: A big idea that turned on the world: What’s a battery, and how does it work? Check it out here.
- How to make a lemon battery: Find out how electrodes and electrolytes work together in a lemon to make a battery.