Let’s dissolve some stuff in water. Now let’s see what it does. Or, let’s just read the following tutorials to figure out what happens:
- An introduction to acids and bases: What’s the difference between Arrhenius acids, Bronsted-Lowry acids, and Lewis acids? Find out in this handy tutorial.
- In-depth tutorial explaining Brønsted-Lowry acids and bases: Though the tutorial above explains Brønsted-Lowry acids and bases, some students may need a little more explanation. This tutorial is where you can get it!
- Acids and bases: This tutorial is old and I’m working on replacing it, but it still has information about pH, titrations, and other fun acid/base stuff.
- Naming acids and bases: If you learn how to name acids and bases, then you can tell other people about what you learned in the previous tutorial. I know this is a high priority for all of you.
- Balancing redox reactions in basic solution: Let’s learn how to redox!
Supplemental videos: These videos are all over at the amazing Crash Course YouTube channel. I didn’t make these, though I wish I did.
- Crash Course Chemistry – pH and pOH: You’ve heard of ’em. Let’s see them in video form!
- Crash Course Chemistry – Buffers, the acid rain slayer: Not a great pun, but a great video.