- Intro to ionic compounds: What’s an ionic compound? Keep reading!
- Ionic bonding and properties: How does ionic bonding happen? How is it related to the properties of ionic compounds? Find out here!
- Friendship of Li and Cl: A silly little presentation that demonstrates how metals and nonmetals combine to form ionic compounds.
- Ionic compounds and metals: A complete overview of ionic compounds and metals (originally written for a textbook I was writing).
- Naming ionic compounds: It’s not as hard as you think. Seriously.
- Naming ionic compounds PowerPoint: If you’re the kind of person who learns well through PowerPoint presentations, this is the tutorial for you!
- Empirical and molecular formulas: If you want an empirical formula or molecular formula, you’ve come to the right place!
- Hydrates: A powerpoint about, you guessed it, hydrates. What they are, how they’re formed, and how they’re un-formed.
Supplemental videos: These videos are all over at the amazing Crash Course YouTube channel. I didn’t make these, though I wish I did.
- Crash course chemistry: Atomic hookups: The types of chemical bond: Ionic, covalent, etc.
- Crash course chemistry: How to speak chemistrian. All about naming ionic and covalent compounds.
- Why do atoms bond? A quick discussion of chemical bonding.